Friday, April 07, 2006

Marriages...are they made in heaven?

These days, you'd find most people sending emails, surfing the net, engaging in chats hosted on Yahoo, Lycos or Excite. Some people hardly ever venture out anymore as you can 'talk face to face' via the net too! All you need is a microphone and webcam! Some friends of mine have met their spouses over the net and mostly all have married to men and women from other nations.
Some of them have given up their jobs and nationality to join their said spouses in UK, USA, Europe and South East Asia. I have asked them if they were certain that was the best course of action as some decided to marry just for the sake of leaving Malaysia. Happily enough, most of the marriages are happy ones with children being born.
Then there are some who have gone there, married and now feel that it was the worst thing they have ever done. Some claim 'culture shock' or that the spouses were misleading them into believing that they were the answer to their problems. One friend is now holding down two jobs just to earn enough money to send home and to pay for the bills.
I must admit that when I married my Chinaman, I was not really sure if it was because I loved him or that he loved me. Nope, nothing as romantic as that! It was like because I was worried that I'd end up an old maid and all alone in my old age! But over the years (16 years and counting!), I find myself more contented and in love with my Chinaman and having children has even brought me more joy. So I can only deduce that it was because we loved each other deeply.
I believe that we are given a soulmate and sometimes not all meet that soulmate, so we have to make the best of the situation and make that marriage work. My Chinaman and I are poles apart! He loves Neil Diamond, John Denver, sleeping and lazing around the house. I love classical music, operas, going out and jumping all over the place! When we got married, some of our ex-colleagues had taken a bet amongst themselves that our marriage wouldn't last a year. They said he is a homebody and I, a party animal, so never should the twain meet! Now my Chinaman and I are having the last laugh as some of these people have divorced, separated or are still looking for the right one.
I have found my 'right one' and holding on to him for dear life! You see, when God made my sweet Chinaman, he broke the mould and now there is only one left and I GOT HIM! So blessed am I to have what everyone is searching for! No doubt it isn't always roses, we do have our quarrels and moments of anger but we work at it and in the end, I am emphatically reminded of the good man I married and the sweet children we have. My family is complete and I have God to thank for this.
My prayers are that all find the happiness they search for and God bless. Have a good weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. As what they teach in physics (or, was it chemistry or whatever. definitely not biology, 'cos I hated that subject and cannot remember all those scientific names), "OPPOSITE ATTRACTS, SAME POLARITY REPELS"

    With life, as in love, and everything else, this law of physics hold eternal!!

    :) RCHIA (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. To add on:

    If anyone care to analyse, almost all the good-looking hunks tend to marry plain janes, and beautifully perfect 10's mostly marry nobodies. Take a look at the world's WHO's WHO list and even on the local scene, and you will see this hypothesis is true.

    By this, I mean people who remain married to the same person for ten or more years, not the sort of shotgun, one-off, highly publicised wedding much touted in Hollywood.

    Of course, one will never know if they are truly happy, or merely putting on a great show for the world's stage.

    btw, what is the ultimate acid test for "Happiness"? Children? Money? Luxury lifestyle? Domestic maids? Empires on earth?

    I'm still learning and welcome anyone's sharing

    RCHIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part 1:
    Haven't you heard (Chemistry, or was it Physics?)
    Opposites Attracts, Same Polarity Repels !

    Natural science has seen to this, and this "rule" applies as well in Biology.

    RCHIA

    ReplyDelete