Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy 50th birthday to me?

What a blessing it is for me to turn 5o come April 2011. I am tickled pink that my 5oth birthday coincides with the Christian solemnity of Holy Thursday or Maundy Thursday where Christians all over the world prepare for the biggest days in our Christian calender, Good Friday and Easter! It matters not to me that I have to forgo all celebrations on my actual 50th, I know that the Lord will see me through the final days of Lent.

Joy fills my heart when I think of my darling's imminent baptism on 23 April 2011. I also thank God for all the friends we have made in RCIA 20 as well as all our friends from Alpha, Disciple and church who have been very encouraging and supportive! These first few months of 2011 also saw my niece's children being baptised in The Church of the Assumption.....praise God!

Don't get me wrong, it has not been all roses and sweetness either, I too have my share of the downside and I feel it weighing me down even more in this season of Lent. I have thus far managed to abstain from meat since Ash Wednesday. Thank you Jesus for your guidance and giving me the strength to keep to my fast and abstinence of meat.

I wonder what I will be doing on the day I turn 50? Nothing unusual I guess......same old, same old. Life doesn't stop and no surprise parties either I know for we all have our priorities in life and my priority lies in the comfort and well being of my beloved hubby and daughter. 

So I will just take this 50th as another normal day and live life contented that I made it thus far! So would it be narcissistic of me to say, 'Heck! I look darn good for a 50 year old!' Amen! Hahahahahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment