Monday, September 12, 2005

Ashes to ashes Part II

To continue with the last post, I called a certain place in Selangor to ask about niche prices in their columbarium. A few years back, a friend's mother's funeral was held there and I had taken a brochure and price list from them. I was told by one of the sales person that the lower level niches were totally sold out and only upper level niches costing RM1600.00 onwards were available. Try as I might to find out just exactly how much it would cost to buy the next affordable niche, I was told to go there and have a look.
I have always thought that once death comes round, burials/cremations and everything else would be easy peasy! Wrong! There are so many rituals and most rituals cost $$$$$! Buying a coffin/casket depends on the kind of material the said item is made from. Then there is the wake and all the other mojo attached to the ceremony itself! A chinese funeral depending on which dialect you belong to would wary from ceremony to ceremony, costing from at least RM10,000 omwards!
So with trepidation I told my better half just what the sales person had said and told him to go and have a 'look and see' as suggested. I also told him that he was not to make any major decisions without consulting me and the main criteria I set on him is that he has to buy 2 niches side by side so that when Patricia's ashes are placed in her niche, she'd know that when I too an no longer on this earth, my ashes would be placed next to hers. Morbid? Nope. Just something I think I should do before I too go off into the great blue yonder. Never know when the Grim Reaper comes knocking!
Peace and love to all!

1 comment:

  1. i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Herebwwszd.badlink.net">Click

    ReplyDelete