Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Our first trip food hunting for 2010

1st January 2010 dawned bright and sunny with white clouds and clear blue skies. My husband and I decided to go on our very first foodie hunt for 2010! Knowing that both my daughter and I loved the 'ngap thui meen' from Pun Chun Restaurant (more like coffee shop!) in Bidor, hubby decided the first stop would be to Bidor! So off we went and upon reaching Bidor, we made a beeline for said eatery, ordered 2 bowls (I shared with my daughter) and tucked in with bliss as we were ravenous! Here's a photo of the said noodle!



After we had finished our meal, we went on to buy the seedless guava which is good for lowering blood sugar of diabetics like me. Only disappointment in our Bidor trip was the fact that the 'kok kuih' vendor we always buy from in Bidor was not open.


From Bidor we proceeded to Teluk Intan, my birthplace. As usual, we went to the 'heong paeng' shop and managed to get my daughter's Chinese New Year dress for RM17.00! In Kuala Lumpur we would be paying something like double the price! As all Malaysians know, Italy has it's leaning tower in Pisa...well here in Malaysia...we have the leaning clock Tower of Teluk Intan! We managed to find the 'chee cheong fun' that is unique and only found in Teluk Intan! Suffice to say, we ordered and ate! 



We then left Teluk Intan and started our long drive home to Bukit Beruntung, Rawang via the coastal way. In Sabak Bernam, we came across green padi fields that left me breathless! All that beauty Mother Earth endowed on us can still be found in remote areas. I pray that the pristine loveliness will never make way for more concrete jungles!









We decided to stop at Batang Kali for dinner and as you can see from the photo, we had our usual order of 'loh meen' (with dark vinegar and caramel soy sauce), fish cakes and a generous serving of 'choy sum'  in oyster sauce from our regular eatery in Batang Kali. 




All in all, it was a great start to a funtastic day and I hope a good new year, new beginnings and hopefully the economy will be much better this year!


Happy New Year all! God bless!






No comments:

Post a Comment