Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Flu and Harry Potter book release

As luck would have it, the whole family was struck with the flu the day Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was released! I got my copy of the book at 4.30pm on Saturday 16 July 2005 and managed to read up to Chapter 9 before the flu bug got to me! I got laid up in bed the whole of Sunday afternoon and the whole of yesterday together with Angeline (Her dad was the one who 'infected' us!) with a terrible head flu and could barely drag myself out of the bed let alone read! Thank goodness I have a wonderful and understanding sister who let me rest in her house after I had taken my medication. I was able to get up this morning and finished reading all 30 chapters of the book.....that too thanks to Angeline's napping undisturbed for hours!
The book is really not that SPECTACULAR as the last book. I dread thinking about the next and I think final instalment of the Harry Potter series! With all the hype this book cost, it was a real letdown......! Anticipation of a great story pick up from the last book was dashed within the 1st few chapters! But I won't spoil it for those who have yet to read the book. If you are a die hard fan of Harry Potter, then go and spend the RM99.90 (or RM89.90 that I paid!)! If you aren't then wait till your friend has finished, then borrow!
I have since fully recovered from my bout of flu but my darling Angeline and Eddie are still battling the bug so to speak! I do hope that the two of them will recover fast! Really tiring to run around after a 1 year 2 week old daughter who has a runny nose and crawls darn fast!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, mine only costed US$17 (or, RM65), but I get it one week later, shipped from Amazon.com to a US address and hand-carried back to KL. If anyone can wait until next year, it'll probably cost RM40 or thereabouts. Lucky me!! Caught the reviews on Day 2 of release. Saved myself a neat sum to be spent on .... hmmm... San Francisco coffee??

    ReplyDelete