Friday, July 15, 2005

Of Durians, Coffee and Goodbyes

Recently I managed to sample some durians (2 whole fruits all to myself!) after more than 6 months of waiting.....still the durians I had on Wenesday night were not as tasty as the ones I had on Christmas Day last year. Now those I had last year were lovely! Pungent, aromatic, creamy, delicious and lip smacking! My poor baby Angeline was staring at me whilst I was enjoying and indulging myself tucking into the 2nd grade durians (who cares! still durians right???) and asking to taste some. But her dad said no durians for the wee one just yet!
Woke up this morning and suddenly had this crazy urge to just go out to the nearest Starbucks or Coffee Bean for a double shot of Expresso Con Pana! I tell you, if and when either one of those coffee places open up in Damansara Damai, you'd see me there for sure! It has been a long time since I last had a good, relaxed time out to indulge in my passion for coffee! I sure do miss my 'kopi kaki' like Cheng Sum, Lilly, Nelson, Andy, Tony, Angelia and YK. Wonder if they still have their 'coffee fix' every Fridays!
Come july 28 I will be saying 'goodbye' to a friend whom I've only known since 2002 but who has become a dear friend. He has brought me closer to God and he has always been there for me in times of sorrow, despair, joy and happiness. I know he's going away for only 4 years but then it's Rome for goodness sakes! That's far, man! When he comes back, he'll be known as Father Christopher Lee. Ah well, all's well that ends well! I am happy for my dear friend and he will always be my 'voice of sanity' and Angeline's direct line to God! Hahahahahaha! Go in peace Chris and may Jesus, Mary and Joseph be with you all the way! Will be losing another 'kopi kaki' for the next 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment