Friday, November 11, 2005

STRANGE BUT TRUE

On October 15, 2005 I lost one of my favourite diamond earrings. 6 days later, my father-in-law passed away. On October 27, 2005 a week after my father-in-law passed away, my husband found the back stud of the earring on the bathroom floor. Believing that the lost earring would still be in the bathroom, he searched on hands and knees every nook and cranny of the bathroom but found nothing.
Early hours of November 10, 2005 around 1.30 am which coincided with my father-in-law's 21st day or 3rd week anniversary, I found the other part of the lost earring in the same bathroom which my darling husband could not find. I had given up all hope of ever finding it but strangely, it turned up on that particular morning prompting my husband to remark that his dad who loved me dearly had found it and put it in the bathroom for me to find.
We left for Melaka that morning to attend the 21st day prayers at my mother-in-law's home in Melaka. Whilst driving down, we were listening to MixFM and heard the cue to call for Mix Box Office offering 2 tickets wortn RM490 each to Jacky Cheung's musical Snow, Wolf, Lake. Being a great fan of Jacky Cheung and hearing rave reviews from friends who had seen the musical, I called in but was not successful. Thinking nothing about it, I just put it down to being unlucky in these kinds of contests.
After the prayers and dinner, we left Melaka and as usual, I turned on the radio and heard the cue to call for the Mix Box Office. I again decided to try my luck again and this time, I WON! I was so happy and my husband was so amused to see me jumping up and down in my seat. Again it struck my husband and me that it could be a blessing from my father-in-law.
So you who are out there......strange eh? But true. Have a good weekend. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment