Friday, August 26, 2005

The Joys of Motherhood?????

There are many times the above captioned has crossed my mind, it frustrates, boggles and at times entertains as well. Watching Angeline grow and seeing her learn things so fast enchants but yet at times scary too! Angeline is 1 year 1 month and 22 days old and already fast growing taller each day. She has a cheeky smile and mischevious minx just loves to give me a cardiac arrest!!
Yesterday, she crawled so fast after her daddy and stopped at the altar of one of the 'god' that her daddy prays to (he's Chinese and Buddhist) and started to play with the oil lamp. Her dad promptly yelled at her and carried her over to me so that I could clean her hands. I was so mad at her dad for allowing her to get away with it that I smacked her hands and caned her (6 strokes! OUCH!) soundly! My heart broke when she cried but I had to be strong or she won't know what she did wrong! On Tuesday night she got smacked by her dad for playing with the electric sockets! Poor baby!
Each day when she wakes up (sleeps round 11.30 pm) at 11 am or 12 noon depending on her mood, she will call Mama and smile at me if I am in the room. If she wakes up and I am not there, you can hear her wailing even from the car park! After having her milk, she will promptly give me the empty bottle (oh yes! she holds her own bottle and feeds herself now!) and ask me to carry her ("Mama, poh poh" which means "Mama, carry") out of her cot. She is now learning to stand on her own and has taken her first small baby step today! Her face was full of glee and she was crowing about her achievements! Kept calling her dad to look at her and screaming when he didn't!
I wonder how she will react to the feel of grass or sand on her toes? Maybe she will enjoy the sand more than the grass! Yup, no doubt about it.....there is joy in being a mother but there is also the sad part, like when she is sick or when I have to cane her. I love my Angeline and I'd like to think that she loves me too. She is closer to me now. She used to favour her dad but now it's more to Mama! Best part is each time we ask her, "Angel, who is naughty?" she will answer with a cheeky smile, "DADDY!" She loves to play with any kind of ball. She has a beach ball, a smiley face soft ball, a pink plain bouncy plastic ball and a small 5 ins purple butterfly ball. She now likes to play with the butterfly motif ball and will scream in glee when she manages to catch the ball, roll it or even throw it.
The joys of motherhood? You figure it out for yourself....I already have. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment