Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Life's a joke!

Life sometimes loves to play cruel jokes and test a person's level of endurance and tolerance for pain. Sometimes, we can cope with it but other times, we need some divine intervention! My hubby and I had planned to leave for our journey to Penang with stopovers in Ipoh and Bukit Mertajam early on Sunday morning. As usual, whatever has been planned sometimes do not work out the way you want it. We left later than planned and arrived in Bukit Mertajam around 2 pm after stopping in Ipoh to say hello and show off my baby girl to my maternal aunt in Ipoh.
While at the shrine of St Anne's Church, I saw an Indian man walking barefooted up towards the statue. When he reached the altar he knelt down to pray and started crying so pitifully. He was so earnest in prayer and kept hugging the feet of the statue of St Anne. He was in so much pain and looked so lost.
My heart went out to him and I approached him asking him if I could help in anyway. He told me that his son had been wrongly medicated by some doctor and was critically ill after that. He was worried that his son would not pull through and that the doctor has washed his hands off the case. He had come to the shrine to seek St Anne's help for his son. I asked if he minded my praying for his son too and he looked a little relieved. I gave him an empty mineral water bottle and asked him to take the water from the church grounds (tap water from the hillock lah!) and to wipe his son's face with it. I also gave him a holy picture of St Anne and the Brown Scapular of Mary to place under his son's pillow. He was so happy that a total stranger took some time out to speak with him and listen to his sorrows. I had told him about the miracle St Anne had worked for me. As we left the shrine together, I casually asked him if he was a Christian, he said that he was a Hindu.
It sure shows that St Anne's fame and generousity in helping others is well documented in and out of Bukit Mertajam. I wonder how the little boy Sugran is doing and how his father Chandramoorthy is doing. Please pray for this young boy and his family. I pray that he has recovered.
God bless and Happy Merdeka.

No comments:

Post a Comment