Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Another year round the corner, new hopes abound.

Going back to my hometown to celebrate Christmas was kind of weird. Arrived in my hometown round 10.45 am. Went for breakfast with my sister. Then went home to the family house. Dropped my little toddler off with my sister and went to visit my parents at the grave yard. Real sad to see my dad's grave overgrown with lallang. Sadder still to see my uncle's (my dad's older brother buried next to him) photo on the tombstone fade to almost nothing! My mother's grave was in a better condition and looked clean. Managed also to visit and pay my respects to a family friend who died 3 years ago. It was poignant to say the least as when this family friend died, he had misunderstood me and was angry with me for something that a troublemaker had lied about. At least now his wife and family knows I am innocent.
At my aunty's house later, I felt that although the welcome was there, there was a coldness in the way my aunt spoke to me. I don't know why but as the day wore on, she sort of thawed out. The greatest pleasure was meeting up with my aunty's husband.
Somehow or rather, there always is a 'wet blanket' who will spoil my joy of Christmas and this year it was my niece's husband. Ah well, I am just pissed off at the whole world I guess that I am sort of 'ultra sensitive'. Somehow the emptiness in my soul is still there. Made matters worse when I visited Dad and Mom's graves. Missed them and the way Christmas was celebrated when both were alive. My dad's rendition of 'Silent Night' was beautiful and Mom's turkey, roast chicken, pork roast, cakes and cookies for Christmas were legendary!
Anway, my wish and prayers for all during this year's end and forthcoming new year is for all to have joy and blessings for the whole year and beyond. Happy new year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment