Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas stolen by THE GRINCH

A friend asked why I was so gloomy. Didn't I know it was Christmas? I tell you, I genuinely felt like slugging her in the mouth! Like I needed any reminder about Christmas! Then she proceeds to tell me that I am cooped up too much in the apartment with my 18 months old daughter and I am getting too 'mopey'!

Man! I really felt like The Grinch had come to steal my Christmas spirit. I had already started to 'get into' the Christmas spirit and the idiot comes spouting stuff she doesn't even understand or want to understand. Thank God I was able to remain civil throughout her visit! Why, even my 18 months old toddler refused to go near her.

The thing that started her off was the fact that my apartment was devoid of any Christmas decorations except for the Advent wreath at my altar. She was so indignant that no tree was up at such a late date and the fact that my father-in-law's photo was up and there were incense sticks lighted in the incense urn was evidence that we were in mourning did not stop her from shooting off her mouth. It is not like as if she didn't know my father-in-law had gone back to his Maker. She was one of the first to offer her condolences after I had sms the news to friends that I would not be able to attend another friend's housewarming on that weekend! I sometimes wonder why I even tolerate her! My better half just cannot stand the sight of her!

So to everyone out there, Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment